🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AR kit plugin

Started by
2 comments, last by davejones 5 years, 11 months ago

I have been doing research into whether the arkit sdk can be used to build to android in unity? I can't seem to find a conlcusive answer yet. I am curious to find out because googles arcore sdk can be built to ios so I was wondering if the arkit plugin could be used on android devices. 

Advertisement

Unity 2018 has Arkit as part of the engine. Just remember to select the right options when downloading it.

I have made AR games with both Unity and Unreal. Unity is easier to use but has some minor tracking problems that you can code to fix.

38 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Unity 2018 has Arkit as part of the engine. Just remember to select the right options when downloading it.

I have made AR games with both Unity and Unreal. Unity is easier to use but has some minor tracking problems that you can code to fix.

I used unity for AR because it seemed to be more ahead than unreal engine, but from what I have gathered unreal engine are catching up with AR. In terms of fixing the minor tracking problems I would't know where to start on how to fix them. How is it you know that unity has minor tracking problems in comparison to unreal engine? 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement