🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My next step?

Started by
3 comments, last by frob 6 years, 7 months ago

Dear developers,

I uploaded my game "Dead Ops Zombies Reborn" on the play store to see how it would do as a start, and didn't quite finish it. There's a lot of bugs, not many maps and it didn't have ads when I first published it. Now my downloads are skyrocketing, I had 70k downloads in just 1.5 months. That's a lot for me. There's quite a dilemma because I know I could make a lot of money with this app, just like I did with my other apps. But because I don't have enough time to make the game just right and configure the ads properly,  I might just not play this right and make less with the app than I could have. Should I hire designers to work for me and make maps, or should I just continue to casually update it whenever I have time in between school? Right now I make about 10~25$ per day with it. and I only have interstitial ads between rounds.

Regards,

Svrij22

If you can't find the app here's a link

Im new

Advertisement

If it is popular and making money, do what you need to keep it moving.  Momentum is important, and games lose velocity quickly.

Based on the page, people are clamoring for maps. Get that done and you'll get more players, repeat players, and more good reviews.  Also finish your ads, since that seems to be your revenue source.

The decision to hire someone is up to you. Depending on the revenue it is bringing in that could be worth it. Or it may be worth it to take some time off from your day job to work on this additional revenue stream.

2 hours ago, frob said:

If it is popular and making money, do what you need to keep it moving.  Momentum is important, and games lose velocity quickly.

Based on the page, people are clamoring for maps. Get that done and you'll get more players, repeat players, and more good reviews.  Also finish your ads, since that seems to be your revenue source.

The decision to hire someone is up to you. Depending on the revenue it is bringing in that could be worth it. Or it may be worth it to take some time off from your day job to work on this additional revenue stream.

Thanks, I will probably do this. It's kind of hard for me since I'm 16 years old and do pre-university education, which verges a lot from me atm. So I'll look into hiring someone

Im new

As you're a minor, be sure to get your parent's help.  

For bringing in a contractor to do the work you should work with a qualified attorney to write the actual agreement.  Contracts are difficult enough to get right, and when working with a minor it makes agreements a little extra difficult. 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement