🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Prototyping children's story apps from beginning to end

Started by
-1 comments, last by marchon 10 years, 1 month ago

I'm a novice programmer, but am interested in building children's storybook "game" apps like the excellent ones put out by Nosy Crow. You can see an example of their work here:

Two questions: Is a game like this comparatively "simpler" to make, and therefore, would it be a good way for a novice to start learning how to build in touch/interactive gestures? Having never worked in a games studio or environment before, is there a standard/best practice when it comes to the workflow and development life-cycle of a game? Is there a resource you could recommend that would guide someone through the process of how this is done professionally for a game/app like the one mentioned (e.g. how is storyboarding done in an app studio?) I've looked at a few books, but I'd be eager to hear from professional developers on the entire process, what is involved, and any books they would recommend as resource to get me from A to completely finished.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement