🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to get summer internship?

Started by
0 comments, last by Obscure 14 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I'm currently studying CS at a university, and would very much like to get a summer internship in the game development industry. I know that 10 years from now I'll be working on something or other in the CS industry, but at this point in my life I can't really be more specific as to where in the industry. So basically, I wanna spend the next few (2-3) summers branching out and trying different things in the CS field to see which I like best. Last summer I worked at a full-time internship for a company that specialized in medical visualization software. This summer I would very much like to intern at some kind of game development company to see if this industry suits me in the future. How can I go about getting such an internship? Is there some kind of online listings board somewhere? Or do I have to manually email around my resume looking for a job? (I'm from the California Bay Area) Thanks! -Numegil
Advertisement
You will need to contact developers yourself as there is no central list (that I am aware of). You should do it via phone rather than email. Ask if they do internships and who deals with them. Then ask if they have any openings. Then if they do send your resume/cover letter to the person by name.

Unfortunately most internships get filled early. Given that it is late April you have probably left it a bit late, but good luck with the hunt.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement