🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Seeking portfolio and resume critique

Started by
2 comments, last by dzeligman 14 years, 3 months ago
Hello everyone, I figured its been a while since I've done this so I'm interested in seeing everyone's feedback on the layout, wording, aesthetics, etc of my resume and portfolio. I'm seeking a gameplay or engine related programming position. Portfolio Resume html with links to pdf/doc Resume google doc A few notes: On my resume I've decided to do a related/focus oriented layout instead of one that is chronologically. Thus, my work experience is not in order. Also I have a skills section to show level of competency as well as knowledge not shown through projects and experience. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Looks good, nicely organized with lots of information. You've also got an impressive amount of work experience!
The Trouble With Robots - www.digitalchestnut.com/trouble
Your stuff is nice and well set up. That's the most important thing. One thing I would re-consider is a focus oriented ordering of work experience.

When I tried to pull that trick I ended up with pretty much every single review of my resume (often by actual recruiters) suggesting I order it chronologically. The general consensus was that "it throws up a red flag that something is a little odd" and you generally don't want to do that.

Good luck!
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
Thanks for the feedback, I'll consider reordering my work experience.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement